Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Accidentally Eggless Pumpkin Bundt (Vegan-able!)

There is story. For our anniversary Tai gets me this AWESOME rose-shaped bundt from Nordicware that I've secretly lusted after forever but never said anything about because I already have a tunnel of bundt pan and you really don't need more than one because he's psychic-awesome.

So obviously I've gotta make a spectacular cake to break it in, righ? And I'm on a pumpkin kick, so obviously it's gotta be pumpkin.

This cake is more complicated than the ones I usually make it needs THREE bowls @_@, so I set out all the ingredients beforehand and had them all measured out like a REAL baking champion instead of just kind-of measuring and just grabbing things as I need them, which is how I usually bake xD

So in the midst of all that being-super-prepared I forgot to add the eggs.

Yep.

Completely forgot them. Didn't even take 'em outta the fridge.

The batter was IN the pan before I even thought about eggs.

Nonetheless the cake came out really tasty -- filled with pumpkin-goodness, soft, spicy, tender...just perhaps denser and fall-apart-y than regular bundt xD


Accidentally Eggless Pumpkin Bundt
Makes 1 bundt

Preheat Oven to 350 F

In a BIG Bowl cream together:
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 (or less) cups sugar
(optional ;P) 3 eggs, added one at a time after the butter and sugar are creamed.

~A~
In a small bowl sift together:
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. salt

~B~
In a medium bowl homogenize:
1 can pumpkin (a.k.a. 1 1/4 cups, or 15 oz.)
3/4 cups buttermilk or 3/4 Tbsp. vinegar or lemon juice in 3/4 cups milk of choice
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Add ~A~ and ~B~ to the BIG Bowl, mixing as you go and beginning and ending with ~A~. The second all the flour streaks are gone STOP MIXING. You don't wanna overdo it.

Pour it into a greased and floured bundt pan.

Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a skewer (read: chopstick) inserted in the thickest part comes out clean.

Cool 15 minutes before inverting.