Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oatmeal Cookie Dough Dip/Snack

As if vegan cookie dough dip made with garbanzo beans weren't healthy enough~ I love eating this as a pre-workout snack 'cause it's packed with protein and CHOCOLATE BITS. This encourages me to love exercising by associating working out with positive experiences :)

The original cookie dough dip, spread atop a Bailey's brownie cupcake as frosting. DELICIOUS.

Actually, I just added oatmeal so the dip would last longer *u* Make sure to use instant oatmeal, since you're not actually baking this into cookies. While it's fine to eat raw oatmeal, it might be a bit too rough for dip. Actually, once you add the oatmeal it's too thick to dip. Just eat it out of a spoon.


Materials and Methods:
In a very strong blender (such as a Vitamix) combine:

1 1/2 C. cooked chickpeas (about 1 can drained -- I made mine fresh :D)
1/4 C. peanut butter (or less, if you don't want your cookies to taste like peanut butter. Make up the difference with a bit of canola oil.)
splash vanilla
~1/8 t. salt (I didn't measure and you probably don't either!)
~1/8 t. baking soda (once again with the measuring)
~1 T. raw or brown sugar (or none, if you're super-metal like that. Or more, if you're making it for normal people)
2-3 oatmeal (optional)
splash milk

Blend. Add more milk as needed. I used a wimpy blender and ended up using like a quarter cup of milk, resulting in rather gooey dip. It did get harder when I put it in the fridge, and I prefer it cold in any case, so that worked out.

Oh yeah, stir in a quarter or third cup chocolate chips after you've blended everything.

For the oatmeal version, stir in 1 - 1 1/2 cups instant oatmeal.

Side note: the original recipe said that no one could tell it wasn't normal cookie dough dip. While this may be the case for most of the world, Tai could tell, and he won't eat it, even though I added extra sugar to the sneaky sample I gave him. This is great, because that means I get to eat more! Just a heads up if you're going to serve it to picky people :)

Actually, Gracie and I can tell too (the graininess gives it away), but we don't care 'cause we love sweet bean desserts!