Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Soft-Boiled Eggs

Since moving to Nangang I've been having a soft-boiled egg for breakfast everyday in lieu of my usual fried egg. Mostly because we don't have a gas stove or electric griddle, and I'm iffy on those portable gas stoves with the can of compressed fuel because they are explosive. O.o

This is probably healthier for me anyway, since there is no butter involved :D And less clean-up (if the egg doesn't break) 'cause all you have to do is throw out the water. And by throw out I mean use it to wash other dishes (if it's hot) or water plants (if you let it cool down.)






Soft-boiled egg, peeled. Shown with pickled cucumbers, fried gluten w/ peanuts (both from a can) and 稀飯 rice porridge :)


Ingredients:
Egg
Water

Method:
1. Bring water to boil.
2. Place egg in water in a single layer (if you're making more than one).
4. Simmer egg for 4 minutes.
5. Crack egg and throw back in the water for a minute or two.
6. Peel egg.
7. OM NOM NOM.

2 comments:

  1. Never have I ever been able to make soft boiled eggs. Imma try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sparklewolfie: Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete