Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Omelette or OmuRaisu

Wow it has been a long time since I posted! That's because I haven't eaten anything since I last posted. Just kidding. I just haven't cooked anything. Actually, that is also a lie. The real reason is because I haven't made anything interesting :P But yesterday I made another "Mad Chef" invention (AKA made it up as I went) and it turned out quite tasty!

After making my own batch of pumpkin puree, I didn't know what to do with it other than eat it with rice O_Q

So I decided to mix it with a bunch of things I found in the fridge!

Ingredients:
*Pumpkin Puree
*2 Eggs
*Cooked Rice
~I used purple rice
*Veggies
~I used onion, tomato, mushroom, and carrot




Directions:

1) Make up some fried rice. I just diced everything and tossed it in some olive oil over medium heat before throwing in the leftover rice~
Photobucket

2) Crack the eggs into a bowl and add a spoonful (about 3 Tbs if you must measure) of pumpkin puree
Photobucket
Mix Well
Photobucket

3) Make a thin omelette skin OR make a blob of sort-of scrambled eggs if you want to get really fancy with the "authentic" omuraisu where a packet of egg blob is put on top of the rice and cut open so the barely-cooked innards fall over the rice and is all warm and delicious. I highly recommend the omelette skin because it is much easier.
Photobucket

4) Wrap your rice in the omelette skin or put your omuraisu egg on top of the rice and cut open. Mine failed and became a chunk of scrambled eggs O_Q It was delicious anyway
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That's BRILLIANT!!! If I hadn't mixed corn into my pumpkin puree (which is currently hiding in the freezer) I would totally make this!!! D: cornnnnn it's okay, I can make a new batch of pumpkin puree.

    We should make pumpkin pie. BAKING PARTY!!!

    ReplyDelete