Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blogilates' Microwave Minute Muffin!

I was super-stoked to try this recipe from the super-awesome Blogilates and I AM SO EXCITED IT TURNED OUT!!! It's the perfect combination of breakfast foods: oatmeal, egg, milk, and berries. All you need is a microwave! And a mug. A stirring thingy helps too -- I used chopsticks.

It looks kinda funky, but tastes pretty awesome.


BONUS: It pops right out of the mug no problem! I was afraid it would stick or overflow or something, but it turned out perfectly.

I think I'll try making it in a steamer next time, just to see if it works, 'cause I know some people *cougcoughGRACIEcough* don't believe in microwaves.

Blogilates' Microwave Minute Muffin
I'm just writing it down in case her site ever crashes or ceases to exist - this is not my recipe :)
Ingredients:
scant 1/4 cup instant oatmeal
1 egg
handful berries
splash milk
sugar to taste (optional -- I used ~1 t.)
Directions:
1. Put everything in a mug and mix it together.
2. Microwave 1-2 minutes watching carefully to make sure it doesn't overflow. It is done when it's dry on top and a chopstick comes out clean.
3. Plate and serve.
OM NOM NOM NOM.

1 comment: