Sunday, June 12, 2011

NACHOS! with Pico di Gallo & Guac!



More delicious meals that are STUPID-easy to make :D

These are kinda ~fancy~ nachos 'cause we happened to have blue corn flaxseed tortilla chips and nummy nummy smoked gouda and sharp cheddar. *u*

Topped with home-made pico di gallo and guacamole, it was a pretty tasty lunch!


Guacamole

In a bowl, mash together:
2 ripe avocados
1/4 sweet yellow onion, diced very small
1/2 cherry tomato, diced very small
Juice of 1/4 lime
Pinch or two of salt, to taste

OM NOM NOM! Cover unused portions ASAP to prevent oxidation.

Simple Pico de Gallo

In a bowl, mix together:
2.5 cherry tomatoes diced
1/4 sweet yellow onion, diced finely
Several drops lime juice
Jalapeno pepper, diced very small, to taste (optional)
Salt to taste

Let sit for 5 minutes or so.
OM NOM NOM NOM. There won't be any leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that sounds delicious! I miss avocados :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eating all the avocados I can before I leave :X ALL THE AVOCADOS!!!

    If it weren't illegal to bring fruits & veggies I'd bring some when I go over~ ah well :P

    ReplyDelete