Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stuffed Bell Peppers...Kitti-Style!

After reading Gracie's toaster-oven recipe for peppers stuffed with rice I had to try it out too! But, I like my stuffed veggies on the creamier side, so I made some alterations~
Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
1 mini bell pepper
some brown rice
1 T. or so of cream cheese
chopped green onions
a handful of romano

Chop the (freshly washed) bell pepper in half, scoop out seeds and trim stem.
Mix everything else in a small bowl.
Stuff the pepper.
Sprinkle with some more shredded romano cheese.
Toast at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese on top is browned.
Serve immediately with crusty bread topped with a pat of butter.


Alternatively, they make a great breakfast dish accompanied by a sunny-side egg!Happy toasting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is cute! :) I wish I knew where to find brown rice actually :-o So I can make healthier dishes....

    ReplyDelete