Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pancakes

A super-easy pancake/waffle recipe, shown here with blueberries mixed in. I like to make it ahead of time and keep it in a glass container in the fridge. When I want to use some, I just stir it up and pour into a bowl, then mix in the fruits and stuff.

Stupid-Easy Pancake/Waffle Batter

Beat 2 eggs until fluffy

Add
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 3/4 cups milk
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Beat just until smooth.

At this point, put what you're not going to use in the fridge. Then you can stir in whatever fruits and stuff you want. I used frozen blueberries here; raspberries work well too. Just don't add too many, 'cause the frozen bits need longer to cook. Tiny fruits work better than big fruits :)

Comments: These turn out lighter in colour than normal; do not allow to burn. Also, can keep covered in fridge 1 week. Stir before using.
Happy Cooking!

4 comments:

  1. These looks yummy! I wish I could find some baking powder around here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU CAN'T FIND BAKING POWDER?! O_O Taiwan is a terrifying place!

    I looked it up on Chinese Wikipedia...and I guess it's called 發粉 or 泡打粉 <- lolz. Maybe that helps?

    Also, if you can locate baking soda, there are some methods to sub it for baking powder by adding ash water or an acid salt O.o Although I didn't look up the exact process ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice stuff!
    supportin & following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @arnyke: Thanks for your support! Things have been kind of slow with the end of the semester coming up, but hopefully we'll get back to regular posting soon!

    ReplyDelete